Ishqiya Movie Review – Ishqiya Bollywood Movie Review
Recently, I mentioned about Ishqiya Movie Release in Bollywood Movie Releases in 2010
Ishqiya is a hindi / Bollywood movie which is set to be released on 29th January 2010. Ishqiya is directed by Abhishek Chaubey and produced by Vishal Bharadwaj and Raman Maroo
Ishqiya Movie Review
Ishqiya is a story of romance between individuals caught in a web of crime, suspense, passion, and deceit. The story is about Two thieves, Khalujan (Naseerudin Shah) and Babban (Arshad Warsi) are on the run from their boss, Mushtaq. They seek refuge with an old friend, and instead meet his widow, Krishna (Vidya Balan). As they plan their escape, their time spent together draws the duo to her, Khalu with his tinted vision of old-fashioned love, and Babban with his lustful eye. The threat of imminent death forces them on a path of violence and betrayal. It is a story about three romantic personalities and the situations in the plot lead the characters to experience the emotion creeping into their lives in the most unexpected manner.
Ishqiya is shot in a rural landscape, Ishqiya explores basic human emotions as influenced by desire, greed and revenge.
Cast and Crew of Ishqiya:
- Language: Hindi
- Director: Abhishek Chaubey
- Producer: Vishal Bharadwaj and Raman Maroo
- Co-Producer: Ketan Maroo, Mansi Maroo, and Rekha Bharadwaj
- Lyrics: Gulzar, Ajinkya Iyer,
- Screenplay: Vishal Bharadwaj, Abhishek Chaubey, and Sabrina Dhawan
- Dialogue: Vishal Bharadwaj
- Executive Producer: Sanjay Mehta
- Cinematographer: Mohana Krishna
- Editor: Namrata Rao
- Production Designer: Nitin Desai
- Costumes Designer: Payal Saluja
- Sound Designer: Kaamod Kharade, P. M. Satheesh, and Shajith Koyeri
- Action Director: Jai Singh Nijjar
- Music: Vishal Bharadwaj
- Background Music: Hitesh Sonik
- Playback Singer: Sukhwinder Singh, Mika Singh, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Rekha Bharadwaj, and Clinton Cerejo
- Media Relation: Parull Gossain
- Promos: Ravi Padda and Binny Padda
- Sound Mixing: Debajit Changmai
- Cast: Naseeruddin Shah , Vidya Balan , Arshad Warsi , Salman Shahid, Adil Hussen, Rajesh Sharma, Anupama Kumar, Gauri Mala, Mastar Alok Kumar, Anisha Bano, and Jai Singh Nijjar
- Story: Vishal Bharadwaj
- Genre: Thriller
- Release date: 29 Jan, 2010
Naseeruddin Shah as Khalujan
Khalujan is a pure romantic hearted person. In the world of crime, he is a bit of an odd cookie. A sharp minded Khalujan has been toughened up several years living in the world of guns and gangsters; yet, he is very loving and emotional at the core. He wants to go back to his village and desires to settle down in a quiet, peaceful country life existence. But life had other plans for him. Love happens to him.
Arshad Warsi as Babban
Babban is nephew of Khalujan, and he is exact opposite of his uncle and in more ways. If Khalujan is all heart and soul, Babban is all flesh and blood. Babban is lustful, hot-blooded, and scoffs at the idea of accurate idealistic love. Babban is pessimistic, apathetic to finer things in life and tough as nails. Babban discovers what it is to love and to be betrayed, during the course of the film and it makes the inactive softer side of him come alive. Babban cares for Krishna, perhaps for the first time in his life.
Vidya Balan as Krishna Verma
Krishna Verma is the mysterious woman and the forgotten widow. Krishna is a bundle of negations. We see her as a woman frantically in love, as an object of wish, as a vision of purity, and engaging herself in a lustful bout with another man. We connect with her at many levels; a complete understanding of her eludes us which is the attractive thing about her.
1924 readers are already subscribed to this blog! Why don't you be one of them? Subscribe to this blog via your favorite RSS feed reader or by entering your email address on the form below: